Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Inspiration from the Film Industry


My other half works in special effects in the film industry and from time to time, when a production is wrapped, certain set props are designated for disposal.  Sometimes, these objects are offered to the film crew who are striking a set.  

On one such occasion, a large mirror in a plain wooden frame, (well constructed, I might add), was dragged home and presented as 'something I could use for my glass'.  Nice score, and a good call considering it was a choice between the mirror or a large house plant.  (The plant would have been nice, but not nearly as fun - from my point of view.)  It took some weeks of looking at the mirror, but I knew there was a project in it.

So. the result is one of my more conservative efforts.  The mirror frame was simple I felt it called for a simple mosaic to make it interesting, but not overwhelming.  After all, a mirror is supposed to be more about what you see in it, than around it.

No comments: