Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Colour Purple


OFF State
ON State
I've always been partial to purple.  Those who know me well would probably say that this is an understatement.  I don't work in this colour range often, because it's difficult to find a lot of variety.  I've been collecting purple stained glass for a while and finally assembled enough 'interesting' purple glass to build this abstract lamp.

The colour purple always reminds me of a scene in the book of the same name, where the Sugar Avery character remarks how the colour purple draws attention away from everything else in nature.  That's one of the many things I like about it, (especially when light is shining through it).

This lamp, made in my signature 'tri-panel' style, has a minor variation from previous iterations.  In this case, I've used an Ikea halogen light fixture.  The lighting tone appears to be similar to the LED I normally use, but the fixture itself is a bit smaller.

No comments: