Thursday, June 23, 2011

Patio Furniture in Art Nouveau

This project owes a huge shout out to my parents, whose combined ingenuity provided the foundation for this project.  This small mosaic garden table is a plant stand, converted to a table by attaching a flat wooden top.  Many thanks to my mother for finding the plant stand and cutting out the top, as well as my father for finding just the right hardware for attaching the pieces.

The design for this table is a variation on the art nouveau mirror frame featured in my previous post.  In fact, I borrowed and re-sized a few of the same elements, which I thought would compliment the elegant metalwork in the plant stand.  The glass used in this design is entirely opaque, giving it a bit of an extra punch, since it will never be lit from behind in a mosaic format. 

No comments: