Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Third Dimension

Although I haven't posted much recently, it has actually been a fairly prolific period.  Many of my recent projects are Christmas presents, so they won't be viewable online until the new year.

In the mean time, I've recently completed this piece.  It's a quilt pattern that many would recognize, one I've used in the past, but I wanted to create this in a large scale piece, which incorporates the three dimensional effect of the blocks.  Although the 3d effect is visible when the piece is unlit, but it really comes alive with the light behind it. 

This piece is designed to fit in an Ikea wall lamp fixture, or would work well as a large window piece.  In the photo shown here, it is being lit from behind by a light table to give the full effect of the design.

No comments: